Saturday, August 22, 2009

A look back...

First of all, I would like to apologize for not writing last night. I ended up going to pick up my daughters, B and L, from a friends house late last night. By the time I got home and got them all settled I was exhausted. I was called on missing my daily blog, so here I am. LOL
I promised to review my internet dates leading up to Mr. Dream Date. There have been some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, and a few that were a little frightening.
I guess I should start with my first internet meeting/date. We will call him Mr. Tall. Mr. Tall and I emailed back and forth for a while. He seemed nice and had a good sense of humor. I finally gave him my phone number and we talked a few times before deciding to meet.
Our date started out well enough. We had dinner at a casual restaurant and then went to see a movie. He was courteous and opened doors and paid the bill. Dinner conversation was what you expect of people meeting face to face for the first time. Talk of jobs, kids, etc. The movie was one I had wanted to see for some time. It had a good storyline and was intriguing with no "uncomfortable scenes." A decent first date movie.
The downfall of the date...I was brave (ie stupid) enough to let him drive. The entire ride home was filled with him telling me all about how the world was going to end. I was lectured on how we are all sinners and deserve to die. Ok, now not that the Bible does not state this fact but I am a believer in the redemption of Jesus. Are we all sinners? Yes. I lie to my girls constantly about things like loving their favorite tv shows, losing their old worn out shoes, and the tooth fairy. Lies are sins, among other things. No one is perfect, but do I want my first date to end with a fiery death and brimstone lecture? No way!!!
Of course we must have hit the Twilight Zone on the way home because I have never had a 15 minute drive seem to last all night long. God must have been laughing at me the whole time because He and I had some major one-on-one time in my prayers that night. That man terrified me like no preacher I've ever heard. Maybe he had missed his calling. LOL
So that was the end of my first internet date. I can't help but give a little shudder remembering his speech of death and damnation on the way home. I also have to chuckle at my fervent prayer at the end of that night asking God to please not let all my dates be that way.
As I logged onto the dating sight tonight to read some emails sent to me there, I saw that I have less than a week left on the site. Am I renewing? No. I really like Mr. Dream Date and I want to see where it goes and just enjoy the time getting to know him with no distractions. Did I meet him through the site? Yes. I actually met him online when I very first joined and then we had to cancel our first meeting, he moved, and we both dated other people. We did finally find each other through Facebook/Myspace and began chatting again. That brought us to now. But that is another story...or hopefully a lot more stories :-) As for my past dates...I don't think Mr. DD will mind if I share a few more....What was this single homeschooling mom in search of tonight? I think I found it...A few lessons learned, a good laugh, and thanks for my sanity and well-being after a look back...

No comments:

Post a Comment