Monday, August 17, 2009

A new direction

Hi! Welcome to my blog. I guess I should start off by explaining how I ended up blogging in the first place. Here goes...
Yesterday was my 36th birthday. I went with my mom, grandmother, and my two daughters to lunch and out for a day of "girl time" shopping and having coffee. Last night a tropical storm hit and as the rain hit the window I thought of what the last 35 years of my life would look like on film. A soap opera would be more like it. Sure everyone says that their life is like a soap opera. It is the classic female complaint about drama and more drama in our lives...much of which we cause. Don't hate me, you know it's true..but annoying just the same ;-)
So..what reasons do I have for calling my life a soap opera you ask? Well, here is the break-down:
Married a guy I had known since 7th grade at age 20
Divorced at age 21 (yes, one year I realize that)
Dated a crazy guy...no joke...really crazy!
Remarried my ex that fall after less than a year apart (insert smug laugh here LOL)
Had a beautiful daughter the next year after being told by the dr that was not possible
Ran a home daycare with my mother
Husband left while I was 2 months pregnant with our 2nd (planned) child the night I got home from one of the funeral of a child close to our family
Divorced a few months later
Age 25, 2nd beautiful daughter born
Moved in with parents
No dating here...took a few years off to be a mom of two
Met ex-fiance and began dating off and on again...engaged off and on again
and in the midst of all this found that my oldest daughter was dyslexic
Therapist recommends homeschooling...so here we are now...
Ex-fiance and I break up and he moves back in with his ex-wife out of state (long story short)
Now I run a girls' homeschool group similar to a girlscouts/home-ec class. My oldest daughter is turning 13 in less than two weeks.
I jumped back into the dating world at the beginning of this year at the persistance of friends to get back in there so I would not grow old all alone. Let me tell you ...I knew I was the only single homeschooling parent in our area, but I think I am the only dating single homeschooling mom in the country. Haha When guys hear you homeschool they come up with some wild notions as to your lifestyle and thought patterns. I get everything from being asked if I allow my girls to have friends to do I own a television, computer, or radio. many back off right away when the words homeschool are simply typed onscreen.
I have dated a decent amount since signing up for an online dating service (something I never thought I would do). I have met and/or dated weirdos, cyber stalkers, short guys, tall guys, fitness fanatics and couch potatoes, and a few really nice guys. You'll get to hear about them, my girls, crazy homeschool days, and scrapbooking every day. I will ask your advice as I venture forth into this wild world of mine. I hope you will stay tuned.
So what is this single homeschool mom in search of today? A new direction....blogging is just the beginning...

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Kari! I've "met" a few other single, Christian homeschooling moms through various online curriculum groups so you aren't alone out there. I don't know how many of them are dating, but at least you have some company out in cyberspace. Thanks for posting the link to your blog. I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it...keep me updated on your friends!! It is great to know you are not alone in your journey! Tune in each day for my adventures along life's path.

    ReplyDelete