Friday, August 21, 2009

Sleep

I hope this blog find you doing well and enjoying life to the fullest. My day has been a whirlwind. Homeschooling this morning was a disaster! My oldest tried to do her day's work on her dying laptop on the kitchen table with our cockapoo wanting her undivided attention. Meanwhile, I was on the desktop I moved into her room yesterday trying to set it up for her to use tomorrow. Computers hate me...just so you know! I ended up calling tech support this afternoon and spending over an hour and a half just transferring data from one computer to another. ugh! Another thing...did you know that in the eighth grade you now learn Egyptian math? Well you do. It is not only a series of triangles and other symbols that all look almost the same with different numerical values, but you also have some half-crazy way to find what their product is. Madness!!
My oldest daughter was not the only one to have issues with her schoolwork. My youngest girl had a test on Spanish explorers. I tend to agree with her that after about 5 questions their names all look the same. LOL She did do well, it just took a good few bursts of laughter over the names and such to get her through it.
How did the meeting go? Fantabulous! Those ladies are incredible. Lots of ideas, plenty of good conversation, and ladies ready to work with a clear cut goal in site. I am so excited about this year! Local homeschoolers we are locked and loaded...beware!
As for Mr. Dream Date, well he read my blog this morning and was quite "smiley" when he picked me up today. We had yet another great date....dinner, walk on the beach, coffee, and then the movie "The Time Travelers Wife." One of those hopeless romantic movies that just makes you sigh continuously.
I come through my front door tonight to see my girls sleeping soundly in their beds. They look beautiful and peaceful. What an amazing sight to behold.
After all this what is a single homeschooling mom in search of? SLEEP!!!
One last thing... I made a promise to someone that tomorrow I would start sharing some of my past dates. Oh boy! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment